Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sometimes SIMPLE is better...

I love clean simple lines...what I love even better is quick, fast stamping too...

If you happen to peruse the isles of Target you will see a trend now-a-days with very simple notecards ... an image and a small saying on a basic folded white notecard and that's it...and for that you pay $2+... not me - I get them same look for a fraction of the cost (umm yeah I don't include the cost of my stamp set...)

Last year I made up a set of cards to show my customers that you don't need a whole lot of stamp sets to envoke different feelings in your cards...you can do fun, whimsical and elegant all in one. The two stamp sets I used to create my set were both from SU - Many Merry Messages and Holiday Tag Team -








I used only a handful of colors - Old Olive, Kraft and White for the cards themselves and then basically Black, Red & Olive for the colors with a little Saffon, Bashful Blue and Gray thrown-in



Next...I used the very cute SU Sell-a-Bration set - Very Punny (retired)...Can I just tell you to make this whole set took me LESS than 10 minutes...yes - I grabbed some SU notecards, the stamp set, my black stamp pad, some Black Gingham ribbon and a few markers and in less than 10 minutes I had this...


seriously simple and seriously cute

And last but not least...I won't say this is my best work...because it is far from it....and I was just trying to hurry up and get stamp and ink to paper to have a collection to showcase two SU sets - Year After Year and In My Thoughts - with these two sets you can easily make a card for just about any occassion - birthday, baby, graduation, wedding, friendship, holiday. I used Su notecards (gosh I love having them on hand), Watercolor pencils and Blender pens to color in...and various bits of ribbon...




So remember when you are stampin'...sometimes simple is better

1 comment:

Tandra said...

Love these! Sometimes (lots of times!) simple no layers is the best! These are great!