Friday, November 2, 2007

My Stampin' Space...

I get asked all the time "WHEN do you find time to be so crafty?" - the answer is simple...I have my own space...My space has definately grown over the years...it started with a small desk and well sort of mushroomed...

My Craftin' space is located in my bedroom - we have this odd little cutout in our bedroom - I guess it is suppose to be a very tiny sitting area...well it is now MINE...I can leave stuff out...I taught my daughters from day 1...MOMMY'S SPACE is MOMMY'S SPACE...although they are more than welcome to anything in my craft trashcan or anything that they find on the floor (forces me to clean up after myself...learned my lesson after loosing 3 precious rhinestone brads to thier greedy little hands)

Here are some pictures

OVERVIEW OF MY LITTLE CORNER OF HEAVEN



My main area is comprised of a Corner Computer Desk I bought from OfficeMax on clearance...I also bought the matching 2 drawer filing cabinet (Holds all my 8.5x11) paper in hanging file folders and the matching rolling printer cart - whcih holds some magazines on the right side and has 2 shelves on the left side for storage.

Starting from the picture on left against the wall is the 3 shelf small storage unit I bought from Target. On top of that is a Ribbon Storage I bought from Micheals (40% off baby)

Then my big Wardobe...I bought it a few years ago from Walmart on-line...they don't seem to have it anymore...but the inside is divided in half vertically with one shelf going right across the top and then adjustable shelves down the side. This is where I store ALOT of my craft junk...My stamps are stored in there in Sterlite white open baskets - I have one for Retired SU image Stamps, one for Current SU image stamps and one for SU Sentiment Stamps. I also have a smaller one that holds my UM stamps.

Next to that is a stack of greent front plastic drawers I bought at The Container Store - I have one for all my flowers (Prima, Heidi Swapp, etc..), one for all my Brads and other small embellishments, one for Misc. embellishments and one for Special blank notecards (SU, Fabrino's)

Moving on you will see my desk and two sets of shelves...know what those are???? I'll tell you SHOE STORAGE ...yep they are designed and sold as Shoe Storage at Target...but I think they make great CHEAP shelves (I got mine for about $12 each) one side has storage for the stuff I use on a regular basis for the Grab and go convience - the other side holds stamp sets that i am using for the moment. On top are my Stampin Up Paper Holders for my 12x12 paper as well as various metal mesh drawers I have picked up here and there on Clearance....see that pink 2 drawer one...$2 at Kohls...can't beat that...I keep a lot of my extra adhesive and smaller craft stuff in those drawers...and then the shelf above for more storage....

Moving around the room you will see 2 railings on my walls....I LOVE this storage...and it is SUPER cheap....I am not laying when I tell you the total cost with all the containers - ready for it $12....yes $12....It is the Bygel rail system from Ikea (found in the Kitchen section) -

I have the 21" Bygel Rail on both walls...on the left hand wall I have three plastic containers hooked to the rail - I store my wheel handles, my hole punches, my SAMJ and other various things I need on a daily basis.

The one on the right hand side has two different containers - the wire basket and the cutlery caddy and if you notice - whats on top....ALL MY BIG SU PUNCHES...they have found a home snuggled right on the rail...up out of the way but within easy reach.

I also have the S hooks on the rail system to hold my various scissors, Bind-it-All Guide, brayer, etc...

Below the rail on the right hand side is my Portaink storage - I personally love this storage because as you can see I have very little space...this storage fits right up against the wall and stores my SU ink pads perfectly with room on top for reinkers (and Stickles :) )

I also have a small magnetic board and a 12x12 piece of corkboard in my area to keep track of all those important papers, along with various containers on my desk to control my crafting Chaos...I also have a folding OTT task light...similar to this one this one - only mine is black with no handle...I got mine at my loacl warehouse club for about $35...WELL worth the money....and of course you can see all the stuff I store under my desk...there is a space just big enough for my feet...

Well I hope you liked taking a look around my craftin' space...if you have any questions about anything in particular in my space just ask away:)







No comments: