Friday, December 7, 2007

Sometimes I surprise myself...

So one of the things I love to do is make slider cards...for popcorn and hot cocoa.

This year I had a friend order some popcorn sliders for Halloween and she asked if I could make some for the Holidays...
Why of course!!!!
It also needed a place for a gift card and a To: From:
Not a problem - or so I thought...then I got to the nitty gritty...how to have a place for a gift card...how should I do a To: From: label...
Hemmed and Hawwed...hawwed and hemmed...tried a few different things that were a no go
THEN I finally came up with this...


The pouch itself is 6.5 inches tall and holds a small bag of microwave popcorn.
The front has a small card (3.5 x 4.25 folded) - inside the card is a small pcoket I made using designer paper - it will fit a standard gift card perfectly. The top half has a little decorated To: From: label.
The card is held closed with the scalloped circle. The circle is popped up on dimensionals on the bottom half.
It is hard to see in these pictures but I did use a bit of cinnimon Stickles in the centers of the flowers on the front stamp, the scallop and inside next to the Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice job on the popcorn/gift card project! I enjoyed your blog!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great idea!!