Thursday, December 20, 2007

My first tutorial...Watercolor Sparkle

Well at least on my blog...I actually have a tutorial over at SCS...Stamping on Candles

But this one...well I am not sure if I came up with it - I do know I discovered it myself soon after getting my Water Color Crayons and having an "accident" while crafting...I accidently grabbed the Versamarker instead of my Aquapainter

I have used this particular technique ALOT when I do swaps because I personally feel it is a little beyond ordinary...

So I give you - Watercolor Sparkle...(hey if anyone can come up with a better name let me know)

So what do you need....


Watercolor Crayons
Versamarker
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder
Permanant Ink (I used Basic Grey)
Stamp set with open design
Embossing Gun
and of course Cardstock




Stamp your image using a permanent ink











Use Watercolor crayons to add color to the stamped image - it doesn't have to be fully colored in...in this case I used a lighter yellow (So Saffron) in the middle, a rose color (Regal Rose) ringing the yellow and finally a Coral (Cameo Corel) on the outside






Use your Versamarker to blend the crayon together - I work from the middle out using circular strokes







Dump your Iridescent Ice EP on the image...you want to do this fairly quickly after you have blended your colors with the Versamarker. Shake or tap off any excess - the EP will only adhere to the areas you have used the versamarker on.

Use your embossing gun to melt and set the EP






Finally put your card together...now you have a card with a beautiful, colorful sparkle image.











Side view to see the sparkle...





I have used the technique a number of times you can see samples

Sparkle Birthday

Ornament Card

Sparkle Butterfly

9 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

You can check out my web page about stamping on tiles. I use
Brillance ink and bake "tumbled
marble tiles" for 20 mins. at 250-300 degree oven on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper or brown bag paper. Brilliance ink does not run and is archival so it's permenant and can take the drips from drinks etc. Pat

Anonymous said...

Great Tutorial and also a great idea for a beautiful card with some sparkle.
Sue Lorang (Sue4stampin)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tutorial!! Beautiful result! WOW!

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome tutorial! I didn't know you could blend watercolors with Versamark.......NOW I know!!!!

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh! this is awesome! I have a club starting soon and I will have to do this with them! Thanks Jen!
Sherri aka sherristampsalot

Shivani n AmazerAV1 said...

Wow that was actually awsum..!!

Julie Lohr said...

I love your idea, thanks for sharing. Julie

StampMom said...

Beautiful card, great tutorial -- guess I'd better learn to emboss...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Great Tutorial. I am enjoying your blog a lot.