Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ACK - only 12 more days til the big man comes...

OK a post today without pictures... {edited to say NOW there are pictures :) }

More about my musing on being a crafty person in this the Holiday giving season....

I enjoy crafting - it all started with a Creative Memories party about 8 years ago and well probably thousands of $$$ later I am swimming in the big pool of crafting...

BUT...just because you are crafty and you make things you think are...well...pretty cool - doesn't mean everyone does...

My favorite place on the web has to be Splitcoaststampers I have been a "member" since May of 2004 and I have seen some simply wonderful and stunning creations...

some of them I have CASED for my personal use...others I have CASED to give to friends and family...

Some of the creations have been so breathtaking I look at them and think "man I would love to do that BUT who would appreciate it" - sure my good friends who are crafty like me would appreciate things...my sister who is pretty artistic in her own right would appreciate things....my best friend in the whole wide world - Michelle - would appreciate things...but beyond that circle it turns into a crapshoot...

I just finished up personalized BIA journals for my nieces for X-mas...(pictures tommorrow I promise) - I thought about really embellishing them out but in the end I decided to go simple, for fear that they won't appreciate the work I put into them...Sure I could have save myself a lot of time, money and sanity and just bought them a little journal and wrapped it up...but in my heart I am a crafter...

So that is the crux of what I am getting at...here I sit among all my crafty stuff - itching to make something...I do elaborate plans in my head - I sketch out my ideas but when it comes to actually implementing them I fall short...either I give up and don't make something as elaborate that I had planned for fear that the receiver will just throw it in a drawer or I just give up altogether and buy something storebought and call it good...

anyone else feel this way?

Edited to add pictures of the journals...see this is what I am getting at - I had ideas to add more ribbon...maybe an extra felt flower or two with a rhinestone brad...but then I just decided to stop...and leave them as is...had I known that they would really APPRECIATE them for what they are I might have gone a step further... but for all i know in a months time they will be shoved under a bed somewhere...








No comments: