Friday, January 18, 2008

Back to Simplicity....

Now granted I haven't been doing this craft blog thing for very long...and I am no where near talented as other crafters with blogs...but I do what i can...

As I have mentioned before at my core I am a simple stamper...I like clean lines...

So when I got my NEW Stampin' Up Set "A Little Birdie Told Me" - it just screamed out for some simple cards....

and this is what I came up with....

So FREAKIN CUTE...and how much time did it take me...practically NONE at all...


I grabbed an SU white folded notecard (LOVE THOSE THINGS) - my set and my black stamp pad.
Now the half oval stamped in Going Grey under the birdies feet is a stamp from ALL THAT SCRAPS - you can find it HERE . I bought it with it already mounted on wood because I had a "feeling" that I would be using it alot... BUT if you don't have an oval or half oval stamp - let me tell you what you can do if you have the SU Oval punch...simple punch an oval out of scrap paper...then put it on your card and use a sponge to sponge in an oval to anchor your image.
I simply used a blender pen and some ink (I like to take my marker and scribble on a CD case and then pick up the color) to color in the birdies and the umbrella - I also added white dots to the umbrella with the Signo white gell pen.
Added a piece of SU gigham black ribbon and BAM...a super cute clean line card that only takes a few minutes to do...
And what I like best about this card is that it is very easy to switch out - need a bithday card - well change out the "under the weather" for the "celebrate" stamp and add the hats on the birds...many different possibilites with one little set, a pack of notecards, a roll of ribbon and a few markers....











No comments: