Thursday, December 13, 2007

I {heart} stampin' gal val

If she ever reads this blog she is going to think I am a big stalker...and I am of her BLOG

She comes up with the cutest ideas...so do a lot of people but what I love about her is they are uncluttered, simple and well fabulous...

She had a posting one day about using Junkitz paper to create easy beautiful cards with no stamping involved... and another one where used preprinted cards she and very little stampin'. I will tell you that after i saw the Junkitz cards I HAD TO buy that paper and recreate them...

I have pitures of her completed projects in a little folder (yes I obsess much) and whenever I need a quick card and I am not in a creating mood I usually find one of hers to CASE because they are fast quick and simple - but STUNNING...

So I was wandering around a LSS in my parents hometown and back in the corner were some holiday Around the Block papers...I thought to myself "self these are cute" and my self replied "yes they are you MUST buy them"... so I bought them, brought them home and put them away...


Yesterday I decided to clean up my workspace since I had finished most of my holiday crafting and I came accross the paper...so I decided to whip up some cards...they took me all of an hour from start to finish....


Cards I dub - "Val style"...




I used Around the Block "Seasons Sayings" "and "Christmas ribbons" - I simply cut the word blocks out...on the dark red ones I swiped the edges with a little white craft ink...on the green ones a bit of SU Pomegrante ink. I used prefolded white cards I bought from Micheals (note these are 4 x 5.5 cards) and some dark green and wine organdy ribbon I had hanging about that I had dug out of the $1 ribbon bin at Micheals.

I cut the Christmas Ribbon paper into 5.5" x 2" strips and attached it to the bottom portion

The saying blocks are popped up on SU dimensionals. I thought about adding some colored brads to the sides or the the blocks like Val did with her Junkitz ones...but since I was planning on giving them to my husband to give to his coworkers I decided not to waste my precious brads and kept them simple...

So my final cost - let see...

.75 per sheet of paper (it was on SALE :) )

1.00 for the ribbon (cause I still have half a roll of each left)

~$1.65 for 11 cards and envelopes (got to love that 40% coupon - $3 for 20 cards)

so my final cost for 11 cards (note I had more squares left over but a few were too big for the size card I had) is about $4.15 - so a whopping .38 cents each to make...

I have recently found out that Around the Block makes a ton of other "blocked" word papers...I'm in heaven....

and better yet a great place to get them is A Scrapbookers Legacy - which is having a fabulous holiday sale of 40% off EVERYTHING... plus get FREE goodies...and FREE shipping on orders over $50. I have bought from them before and have had fabulous service...(and no they are not paying me to say this :) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cards are just great! Love them!